Wednesday, November 17, 2010

IntroDICKtory

I don't know why I spiked the title with profanity.
But let's move on... this is the companion/irrelevant secondary blog to The Rest Is Just Music, which focuses primarily on art school disaster, avant-garde, noise, free jazz, and other music that no one actually likes but pretends to in order to appear cutting edge or unique (including me).

I'm a really big fan of pop-punk, hardcore, early emo, ska-punk, powerviolence, crust, and the like, but posting about stuff like the Beatnik Termites between reviews of Archie Shepp and the Incapacitants is a little pointless. I think it's safe to say most people stroking their beard and furrowing their brow to some Dave Burrell aren't going to be skanking to Choking Victim later. Actually, a Choking Victim fan probably isn't going to be listening the Beatnik Termites, either... Call it pandering if you like, but whatever, I'm really not a good enough writer to convince a world music enthusiast to try out a Promise Ring album (or vice-versa), so hey, here's a brand new blog.

Hopefully this'll be a collaborative thing, too, with lots of other (or probably "a few other") guys/gals contributing articles/reviews/uploads/concert feedback/naked photos. Hell, if virtually anyone asks, I'll let them give it a shot. Because I am a good Samaritan.

NEXT TIME: CONTENT

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say hello- actually came across yr older blog & followed it over to here. Was disappointed when browsing that one that you weren't writing any more- but here you are, so yay. Thanks for the various albums I just downloaded, & I shall also be linking you on my own little piece of interweb.

    PS Do you happen to take "requests"? If so, do you have any Major Matt Mason USA?

    ReplyDelete